CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sophie's Arachnid.

Sophia surprised me again tonight with some of her knowledge.
I was giving her a bath, and talking about the snow when I was a little girl, and how I remember wearing a pink snow suit when I was her age, and being scared because I was stuck in the deep snow face down when a bigger boy pushed me down into it, and sat on me. As I was talking about it Sophia calmly said eeww an arachnid, and she moved to the back of the tub. I said oh no that is just a lump of fuss that came off of the clean wash cloth. When I went to retrieve it I saw for myself that it was indeed a big fat black spider. After I scooped it up into a cup I said I hate insects. Sophia said Mommy a spider is not an insect it is an arachnid. She then told me that insects have 6 legs, and arachnids have 8 legs. After I called Willy into the bathroom to dispose of the spider he noticed that it was holding it's breath, and showed me the air bubble in it's mouth. After about 5 to 10 minuets we noticed that the spider had sunk to the very bottom of the cup, and before Willy could flush it down the toilet I said wait lets strain out the water, and put it on a paper towel for a picture. Well, we did, and the spider was dead. A while later I poked at it, and it jumped up, and started running!! The boys quickly covered it with the cup. We took another picture of it, and covered it back up. Now many hours later at 10 Pm the spider is still running around under that cup. Willy is going to set it free. I thought it pretty funny that Sophie continues to call it an arachnid. LOL. Will post a pic of it later on.

0 comments: