CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Food Fright?

Funny little story about Sophia.

Sophia is our fruit, and veggie kid. She will eat chicken nuggets, and hot dogs, and only hamburger meat if it's in Spaghetti, but for the most part when I serve dinner she will only eat the veggie, rice, and fruit. She does not like noddles such as Mac, and cheese, and is not to hip on breads, so when she said what she said last night I thought I'd share it. Last night as we were all in the living room watching a family movie Sophia walks up to 14 year old brother Spencer, and says I wouldn't eat hot dogs if I were you. As soon as those words were out of her mouth my husband Willy fell over in laughter, and didn't stop for a bit. After he regained his composure I asked him why she asked Spencer about that, and why was he laughing about it. He then told me that 3 days before Sophia had asked him what hot dogs were made of. Daddy told her that they came from pigs, chickens, and so forth. After he told her this she said well I guess I will never eat another hot dog. When he told her hamburgers came from cows she said I already know that, and I don't eat hamburgers anyway, and next time I will eat just plain spaghetti. A few minuets later Spencer pipes up, and tells Sophie he is allergic anyway, and hasn't eaten a hot dog since he was a baby. So it looks like our Sophia who was border line vegetarian has been pushed over that line by her Daddy's revelation about the hot dog!! We will see what happens in the near future on her eating habbits. :)

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I always think about that when I eat hot dogs too. Once Robert Mills told me that everything goes in a hot dog but the squeal the pig made before they killed it. Since then I have never really liked them.

I wish the kids did not love them so much either. They love then & so does Buddy...